Every time we visit ‘Nathdwara’, my mum gets a bunch of fresh pudina from there :D I know it’s crazy, but you can’t get that fresh n fragrant mint leaves in local market! And I usually divide that bunch in several portions… Few leaves for making ‘Pudina Chai’, making panipuri is must when you’re back from that trip ;) and I make a paste to freeze for using it later in many dishes…
I’m definitely not going to have similar (or even close to that) bunch of mint leaves here, but just had one! And while making paste, I thought of making a quick appetizer ‘Minty Potatoes’ (which I had on the streets of Nathdwara for the 1st time) to accompany my dinner that night. Try out this recipe to make refreshing and flavorful small food chunks :D
2 Parboiled Potatoes
2 tsp Coriander-Mint Paste
1/2 tsp Mint Powder
2 tsp Besan
1/4 tsp Black Salt (Sanchal)
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut them into big cubes.
- Parboil them for 5-7 mins (or microwave for 3 mins). Drain excess water and pat-dry them.
- Take them in a bowl and add all ingredients except coriander-mint paste.
- Mix everything well and arrange them on a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven on 200 degrees for approx 20 mins. Turn their sides at half time to bake them evenly.
- Once baked, add coriander-mint paste ang toss them quickly.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or finger-food at parties!!!
Pingback: Aloo Masaledar | Cooking with SJ
Very Nice Blog ….. Very Good Collection Of Receipes ….