I’m a big time food-lover, specially when it comes to Indo-Chinese dishes, it goes irresistible for me! And so I prefer making them often in-house rather than eating-it-out in some restaurant… :)
Making “Dry Manchurian” brings smile on my face everytime! Remembering the day when I made it for my husband before we got married, and that was the 1st dish I cooked for him!!! He simply loved it due to so-perfect taste and texture… See, I’m blushing even while writing it :)
Makes: 2 servings
For Manchurian Balls–
1 cup Shredded cabbage
1 cup Finely chopped carrots
1/4 cup Finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp Plain Flour
2 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp Chopped Spring Onions (greens)
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tbsp Cornstarch
3 tbsp Water
2 tsp Soya sauce
2 tsp Red chilly sauce
Salt, to taste
A pinch of Aji no moto (MSG)
2 tsp Cooking Oil
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 tsp Chopped green chillies
1 tbsp Capsicum (cut into small cubes)
1 tbsp Chopped Spring Onions (whites)
Spring onion greens, to garnish
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Take all veggies of Manchurian balls in a bowl, sprinkle salt over it and keep aside for around 10 mins.
– Squeeze the mixture and remove excess water. Add plain flour, cornstarch, spring onion greens and black pepper powder. Mix everything well.
– Divide the mixture in 12 small balls and fry on high flame till its dark brown in color.
– Mix all ingredients of slurry and stir it well to make sure its lump-free.
– Heat oil in pan and add ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chillies and capsicum. Saute it for a while and add whites of spring onions. Stir-fry it for half min on high flame.
– Add prepared slurry into it and stir fast. Immediately add the Manchurian balls. Mix well and make each ball is well-coated with the gravy.
– Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
Another funny incident related to this dish makes me laugh aloud!!!
Recalling the day when I cooked it for my brother-in-law (IAG), using leftover rice (unoptionally), naming it ‘Rice Manchurian’ ;) My father-in-law praised my efforts on every bite he had (I simply love him for tat), which I knew was a big disaster defined by IAG! He still pulls my leg at times laughing on it :P
IAG… Recipe for super-like “Rice Manchurian” will be posted soon ;)
– Add salt only if required as soya sauce contains enough amount of salt for a dish.
– To make gravy Manchurian, increase the amount of water (in slurry) to 1 cup.