Microwave Rava Idli
Yeyyyy…. Finally!!! I’m posting my 1st South-Indian dish :) A healthy option of ‘Rava Idli’ for South-Indian Food lovers!!! Given here is a recipe of Microwave version, which is quite quick and almost effortless… You can make it using a normal Idli Steamer too.
Try out these colorful looking breakfast dish… :)
1 cup Semolina
1/4 cup Yogurt
1 tsp Chopped Coriander
1 tsp Chopped Onion
1 tsp Chopped Carrots
1 tsp Chopped Capsicum
1/2 tsp Fruit Salt (Eno)
Salt, to taste
3/4 cup Water
1 tsp Cooking oil
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
A pinch of Hing
1/2 tsp Urad Dal
1/2 tsp Chana Dal
– Take all the ingredients of batter in a big bowl and mix them well.
– Add a tbsp of water at time if it needs more to make a batter with pouring consistency.
– Heat oil in a small pan (tadka-pan) and add urad dal, chana dal and mustard seeds into it.
– Once dal are golden-brown in color and mustard seeds splutter, add cumin seeds and hing.
– When it stops crackling, pour this to batter. Mix lightly.
– Grease microwave-proof idli plates. Microwave 1/4 cup of water on base plate of idli maker.
– Pour a tablespoon full of batter into each idli mould and arrange on base plate.
– Cover it with a lid and microwave it for 4 mins.
– Take them out and serve hot!!!
– If not using microwave idli maker, it can be steamed using regular stand too. You need to steam it for approx 10 mins.
– Add your favorite veggies while making batter…
Linking this dish to Priya’s Easy n Tasty Recipes – Diabetic friendly event!!!