Roasted Beetroot Salad
I have been lazy these days yet making n eating salads everyday is something I never missed! Buying a bunch of beetroots from market gets me into confusion mode only… Actually, I can’t think of anything except trying out these Beetroot Dishes.
Wanted to give this salad a try since long and finally I did it!!! Ohhh yes, feta cheese makes it even more appealing but I didn’t have it on hand… so had to skip it that day :P
1 Beetroot, washed n trimmed
1 Garlic Clove, roughly chopped
1 tsp Olive Oil (or spray)
1-2 tsp Caster Sugar
2 tsp Lemon Juice
A few tbsp Almonds, chopped (or walnuts if you want)
A pinch of Sea Salt
Feta Cheese (optional)
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Coat the beetroot well with olive oil and rub it well with sea salt and garlic.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and bake on 180 degrees for around 30 mins (or until tender yet crisp).
- Peel off the skin, cut it into chunks and transfer to a bowl.
- Add rest of all ingredients and toss it quickly.
- Drizzle some olive oil and feta cheese (I skipped) before serving.
- Garlic Confit works well in this case.
- Usually, walnut is preferred for this salad but as I love almonds more, I went ahead with it.