Coffee Panna Cotta
How do you feel if you get to see super-delish pannacotta glasses 1st in morning??!!! My dear friend Srujan tortured me the same way 2 days back! She had posted a pic on instagram at her night time… and I saw it at 8 am!!!
Well, as I’ve said plenty of times before… I’m a tea-lover! I can’t imagine my day starting without a cuppa tea with some wholesome brekkie. I woke up, stepped into the kitchen and started making chai! Parallely, I opened the refrigerator and took out all needed ingredients for making that super-tempting dessert ;)
I’m yet to ask her for the recipe… but I tried my own version for satisfying the sweet cravings, which I hardly get!!! Here is how I made it…
1 cup Whipping Cream
1/4 cup Milk
3/4 tsp Agar Powder
1 tbsp Water (no hot/warm)
1/2 cup Brewed Coffee
1/6 cup Brown Sugar
2-3 drops of Coffee Extract
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix brewed coffee, milk and whipping cream in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take water in a small bowl and add agar powder in it. Wait until it dissolves completely. That will take around 3-4 mins.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add coffee mix and agar paste (more of pasty texture) along with brown sugar and extract.
- Mix everything well and simmer on low heat for about 5-6 mins.
- Turn off the heat and pour it in small glasses (as I served it straight in that). You can use ramekins if you plan to demould it.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 1-1.5 hours until it sets.
- Dust some cocoa powder and sprinkle chocolate flakes over the top and serve chilled!!!
- It suits the vegetarian sweet-tooth :)
- You can eliminate adding coffee extract and use vanilla instead.
Wow these look delicious and just perfect for any time of day!