Black Beans & Roasted Veggies Tacos
I remember the 1st time I had Mexican food… specially the hard tacos!!! I didn’t like at all… Let me confess and make you laugh that I couldn’t understand how to handle a hard-shell taco in my hand and more than that, how to eat it without creating a mess :P Well, now I love Mexican delicacies as much as I love any other cuisine but hard taco shells are still in my NO-NO zone.
I often make tacos.. soft shells, homemade from scratch! And recently when I had black beans, avocado, too many veggies n everything else… I couldn’t stop myself from making some shells for dinner! All what I loved here is… a healthy touch :) And my love for Tacos could be more because I find it very similar to our daily meal in some ways! Like.. rice, beans, lemon, herbs, salad dressing, crunchy veggies and specially the spicy element. I can’t handle much spicy food but I definitely try making it delicious for sure :)
Although I don’t make these corn tortillas with the traditional ingredients but it surely fits the bill ;) Easy, healthy and tasty… all in one plate!
4 Corn Tortillas (or Store-bought taco shells)
1 cup Black Beans, pressure-cooked
1 Onion, cut into juliennes
1 Tomato, cut into cubes
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup Roasted Veggies
1/4 cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
1/2 cup Avocado-Lime Dressing
Salt, to taste
Taco Seasoning (or spice-mix of your choice)
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add minced garlic and half of onions into it.
- Saute it for a while and add tomatoes.
- Add salt, spices and cook it for a min or 2 until onions are soft.
- Add black beans and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook for a few mins.
- Grill corn tortillas on a pan or griller plate.
- Put a spoonful of black beans mix onto it.
- Add chopped tomatoes, lemon soaked onion juliennes, roasted veggies, cabbage on the beans mix.
- Drizzle avocado dressing and garnish with coriander.
- Serve it warm!!!
- You can choose to have kidney beans or any other beans of your choice for a fusion version.
- Also, add salad leaves, salsa etc. that suits your tastebuds!!!