Soft Taco Shells
1/2 cup Cornmeal
1/2 cup Wheat Flour
2 tsp Oil
Salt, to taste
Lukewarm water, as required
– Take cornmeal and wheat flour in a big bowl. Add salt and mix it well.
– Add 1 tsp oil and combine all together to form crumbles.
– Knead a soft dough by adding lukewarm water gradually.
– At last, pour another tsp of oil over dough and knead to form a soft surface.
– Let it rest for around 10 mins.
– Roll out a medium-thick chapatis of 6-inches in diameter.
– Roast it on flat-griddle and make sure it’s 85-90% cooked on both sides.
– Cool it down to room temp and store it in air-tight container.
– Cover with a damp cloth while making it to keep them soft.
– Fill in your favorite stuffing / salad, half-fold it and heat in oven or flat-pan! Ummm yummy it sounds… :)
– This version (if roasted 100% on both the sides) is called “Makke di Roti”!!!
Pingback: Cajun Spiced Tacos |
Pingback: Black Beans & Roasted Veggies Tacos | Cooking with SJ
Pingback: Chickpeas-Sweet Potato Tacos | Cooking with SJ