Chickpeas-Sweet Potato Tacos
Dull days call for some sort of quick comfort food from my kitchen! Weather has been troubling a lot these days… Too much windy, rainy outside, with freezing cold. And I don’t see any signs of it going away in next couple of weeks :(
On my recent trip to veggie market, I bought a bunch of sweet potatoes (actually 2-3 varieties of it) and already had lots of chickpeas in pantry… Made a salad bowl then used those sweet potatoes in making curry… and decided to go with some quick cooking for dinner…
I always love pairing it up with chickpeas, no matter if I’m making a salad, soup, pulao or any other dish!
We had never tried baked sweet potatoes in tacos before… but absolutely loved the sweet burst with spiced chickpeas and garlicky broccoli in a taco shell… Here is what I mean! Oops… It’s just the taco-stuffing! Was so hungry and couldn’t wait to take a pic of taco plate ;)
Makes: 6-8 servings
1 Sweet Potato, medium
10-12 Broccoli Florets
1 cup Chickpeas, canned or pressure-cooked
2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
2 tbsp + 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salad of your choice (I used Carrot-Cabbage coleslaw)
Salad Dressing (I used zingy mustard flavored)
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and peel the sweet potato and cut into small cubes.
- Coat them with oil and sprinkle salt, paprika over it.
- Bake on 180 degrees for 20 mins or so.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan and add garlic into it.
- Once it gets brown, add broccoli and cook for a few mins.
- Add chickpeas along with paprika, cumin powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix everything well and cook it for a couple of mins.
- Transfer it to a bowl and mix with baked sweet potatoes.
- It’s ready to be used in tacos!!!
- You can stick to taco seasoning for authentic version but I love trying out variety of spice-mixes in tacos :P
- For taco shells, visit this link: https://cookingwithsj.com/2013/05/15/soft-taco-shells/