I still remember that day when I had I had these rosemary potatoes for the 1st time!!! Let me say it when and where… Last year, we had a well-planned a trip to India via a week in Bali. He was excited and I was double-excited… Ask me the reason why??!!!
Who doesn’t love visiting families? Gift shopping, wrapping them well, packing everything, driving to airport, boarding your flight, finding your seat, looking around variety of people… those movies, non-stop music and never-the-less, long hours of sleeping :P Sounds super-exciting naa? That’s something everyone enjoys… But unlike people, I certainly enjoy flight-food too… It always makes me curious to know what’s next in store for me ;) Yes, we book Vegetarian meal all the time but then they never mention what’s gonna be on the menu, right? ;) I love that waiting for the next meal to arrive… Those trays, foil-containers, disposable spoon-fork-knife, transparent salad and dessert bowls, tiny pack of butter, sachets of sugar and salt!!! How much I love all these <3
So yes, on the return flight to Mel… We had this rosemary potatoes and immediately, I fell in love with it. It wasn’t something extra-ordinary or fancy or made using exotic ingredients! Just a simple bowl full of fragrant and flavorful potato goodness… <3 Ever since, I have been planning to replicate it but never got the exact taste and texture…
When we moved to this new home, found out that we had a biggggg plant of Rosemary in backyard! And I did a happy dance… Didn’t know where all I will use it but yes, having home-grown herbs is a happiness in itself, naa? I oven-roast my almonds-cashews flavored with it and make a bottle full of Rosemary-Garlic infused olive oil too!!! But now, I have plenty of ideas to execute… My foodie friends suggested me so many things to do with it ;) Happy me…..
2 Potatoes, washed and peeled
3-4 sprigs Rosemary, washed and finely chopped
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Garlic, minced or finely chopped
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Dice potatoes and wash again with fresh water to remove starch a bit.
- Pressure-cook it for 1 whistle and quickly take those out.
- Take it in a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, garlic and rosemary into it and toss well.
- Spread it on a lined baking tray (possibly in single layer).
- Bake it in pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for 15-20 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and add carrot, cabbage, salt all together.
- Cook on high heat for a few seconds and then turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and mix it well.
- Serve warm along with double-cooked rosemary potatoes!!!