Happiness is… trying out a dish that was in your pending-list for a long long long time!!! I had potstickers once before and ever since I became a fan of it! The one I had was an Indo-Chinese version only so I was tempted to try the same one… And yes, I finally did!!! I’m no longer a potstickers-virgin :P
Many confusions… Should I pleat the potstickers or go ahead with simple plain sides??!!! Should I seal the edges with water or cornstarch slurry??!!! Should I serve it with a dip or just with my gravy manchurian??!!! Ufffff… I did everything and it fell in place :P We both loved it like anything.. n the whole plate was empty within 5-7 mins of serving ;)
1 cup Plain Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Oil
Water, as needed
1/2 cup Cabbage, finely chopped
3-4 Button Mushrooms, finely chopped
1/2 Carrot, finely chopped
1/4 Capsicum, finely chopped
1 tbsp Olive or Sesame Oil
1-2 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic-Green Chillies Paste
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
Lemon Juice (I’m allergic to vinegar, so it’s my substitute)
1 Red Chilly, chopped
Salt, if required
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix all the ingredients of cover and knead a soft dough by adding water as required. Cover with a damp cloth and keep it side for half hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 3G paste into it.
- Once it’s sauteed well, add all veggies with spices, soy sauce and stir-fry them for a few seconds on high heat.
- Transfer to another bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Mix all ingredients of dip together and keep it in fridge.
- Now divide the dough in 10-12 equal portions and roll them out puri sized, thin ones. Keep a wax/baking paper between each one to avoid sticking. Keep them covered with a damp cloth too.
- Take one and put some stuffing in center and hold it half folded. Seal the edges simply as it is or do it like the pic.
- Heat 1 tsp or oil in a thick bottomed pan and put all the pot-stickers in it.
- Once they’re slightly browned at bottom, add 1/2 cup water (or vegetable stock) and cover with a lid.
- Cook for about 5 mins and serve hot with dip!!!