Last time when we met our buddies, I made a Rajasthani platter… And then got a chance to post a few dishes! A special rice preparation was left behind so thought of posting it today :) Well yes, I have tried 2 different types of Jaipuri Pulao so far and this one was a winner out of those 2!!! Who won’t love a rice dish with crunchiness of veggies, aroma of clarified butter and of course, sweetness of cashew-nut paste :)
Yes, it was a trial only for that special dinner but everyone loved it. Was in hurry so couldn’t click a proper pic that time and didn’t have much leftover to take pics on the next day!!! No chance… So had to work with this one only :P Who cares… All what I remember is a wonderful flavor & aroma of that rice bowl!!!
1 cup Basmati Rice, cooked
1/2 cup Chopped Veggies (I used carrots, green beans, capsicum)
8-10 pieces Paneer
7-8 Cashewnuts, cut into halves
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
A pinch of Cardamom Powder
2 Cinnamon Sticks, 1″ each
2 tbsp Ghee
1 tsp Garlic, chopped
1 tsp Ginger, chopped
1/4 cup Onion, chopped
2 Green Chillies
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Parboil carrots and green beans, cut into small pieces.
- Grind all the ingredients of paste together and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pot and add whole garam masala into it. Saute for a while and add chopped veggies along with paneer cubes.
- Cook them for about a min (make sure to retain crunchiness) and add ground paste to it.
- Now close the lid and let the paste get cooked properly for a few mins.
- Add cooked rice and mix everything well.
- 2-3 more mins and you’re done!
- Drizzle some lemon juice before serving :)
- You can add different nuts of your choice. I prefer cashewnuts only :D
- Also, you can add some tiny potato koftas, fried or baked!!!