Roasted Red BellPepper Pasta
Am I here after a long time? Ohh yes… Finally, I’m trying to be regular on this space :D It has been too long since I posted my 500th recipe and here I’m.. with 509th :P Have been cooking pretty much all the days but no time for plating, arranging props and clicking!!! But I promise I’ll come back with a bang…
I recently have done too many pasta dishes… And this is one of them! Got a bunch of red-green-yellow bellpeppers and wanted to make something smoky with them. Tried out this bowl :P And yes, I’m still having too many of them to experiment!!! This one is silly, simple bowl but super-yummyyyyyy :P
1 cup Pasta (I used spiral)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3/4 cup Pasta Sauce (Bellpepper-Tomato based)
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 Red Bellpepper
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Italian Herbs Mix
2-3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Boil pasta in salted water until 90% done. Drain excess water and rinse with cold water to avoid them sticking together.
- Apply oil (or spray) on red bellpepper and roast it directly on flame until you find it lightly charred.
- Peel the skin and roughly chop them. I kept a few big chunks with charred skin too for crunchy-smoky bites.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add minced garlic. Saute for a while and add pasta sauce along with seasonings.
- Mix everything well and cook for a min or 2.
- Add cooked pasta, 1 tbsp parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Cook for 1-2 mins and transfer to serving bowls.
- Sprinkle parmesan again and drizzle some olive oil before serving :)
- I personally don’t like adding onions so avoided it here.
- Also, you can add some fresh herbs on top but my garlic-rosemary infused olive oil was overpowering so I refrained :)