Sev nu Biranj
A super-duper festive season started… And I’ve decided to make wonderful dishes every single day for this whole week! I’m not too sure if I would be able to post on daily basis but will surely share it sooner or later :) Yesterday only we had a phone-call at home and they reminded us that it was Ekadashi yesterday… I immediately took out all the diyas I painted last year and put them all around home at night :) Who says I can’t enjoy Diwali here?
It all takes me back to those childhood days… I told you many times that I used to be a picky-eater (which I still am at times) :P Never a sweet-lover but one thing I always enjoyed eating was ‘Sev nu Biranj’!!! Mum used to make it every now n then for me… And today, I have to make it by myself :( Thought of making some sweets this Diwali… And started with hubby’s favorite Dudhpaak :) And planning to make this one sometime this week… Why don’t you try it out too???
1 cup Wheat Vermicelli
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup Boiling Milk
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
2-3 tsp Ghee
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and fry almonds-cashews in it for a while.
- Take them out on absorbent paper, roughly chop them together and keep aside.
- Add vermicelli to the pan now and roast it until golden brown in color (approx 5 mins).
- After that, add boiling milk to it. Be extra-careful while doing it!!!
- Now let the vermicelli get cooked on low flame (approx 5-7 mins).
- Once you find milk completely evaporated, add powdered sugar stirring it continuously.
- Add cardamom powder, chopped nuts and mix well.
- Spread the mix on greased plate and cool it down a bit before cutting into squares.
- I like them in fudge texture but in case if you want to serve it as a semi-solid sweet, add 1/4 cup milk more to it.
- You can add your favorite nuts for extra crunch :)