Mexican Beans Soup
Temperature is going low each passing day! Seems like it’s the right time of the year to serve healthy, hot & spicy stuff in a bowl only :P You guessed it right, I’m here with one more soupy bowl which works great as a part of satisfying meal… Let’s warm up faster with these steaming hot-pots!!!
And you’ll be reading soups/salads more often here as we have decided to keep one day of a week dedicated to 2 bowls only, one filled with soup and another with healthy salad :) It’s always great to bring a change in routine dinner, isn’t it? I love simmering soups and of course, salads are quick to make!!! Eat healthy, Stay healthy :)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Brown Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Red Chilli
1 cup Vegetable Stock
1 cup Tomato Puree
1 cup Black Beans, boiled
1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Coriander Leaves, to garnish
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Finely chop onion, garlic, red chilli and tomato and keep everything aside.
- Heat oil in a pot (medium heat) and cook onion, garlic, red chilli until softened.
- Add tomatoes, puree and vegetable stock in it and stir well.
- Bring it to boil and reduce heat. Simmer it covered for 7-8 mins and then blend to make a smooth soup using stick blender (handy one).
- Add black beans along with spices and simmer it for few more mins and transfer it to soup bowls.
- Top with guacamole and coriander leaves before serving!
- You can add sour cream or cheese on top. I avoided it to keep it healthy :P
- This can be served with bread sticks or tortilla chips!
Linking it to the on-going event ‘Soups with SS’ hosted by Shruti J (that’s me) and Sonal :)
Delicious and filling soup..
just had it for dinner last night, thats our comfort food. love it
Pingback: Soups with SS Round Up! | simplyvegetarian777
Wonderful recipe :) thanks.. The platter next to your soup bowl looks interesting too. What it is? garlicky baby potatoes baked?? If yes please share the recipe :)