I never prefer making anything more than two of us can eat!!! So normally, a situation doesn’t arise where I have to think over using leftover food… But at times, I make some tortillas extra just in case if hubby wants to have veggie/egg wrap in lunch box too! But if it’s stale for more than 2 days, no way I can give it to him. And it simply goes in a garbage-bin, which I hate as much as I eat leftovers! This time I found a crunchy way out of this problem!
A few months back, I bought a book of ‘Small Foods’ from Sunday market round the corner… And while flipping through the pages, I got his idea of making shards out of these tortillas or even leftover chapatis. Mum used to make it every now n then, but I did it slight differently. Try it out… I’m sure you’ll have a good way of using fresh tortillas too…
1/8 tsp Red Chilli powder
1/8 tsp Black Salt
Oil, to deep-fry
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cut tortillas in long strips.
- Again cut these strips into half to make finger-sized pieces.
- Mix black salt and red chilly powder well to prepare masala.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel.
- Deep-fry these strips till they are crisp.
- Take them out on absorbent paper and sprinkle prepared masala immediately.
- Serve for a crunchy munchy evening snack.
- Chat masala can be used too!
Pingback: Mexican Beans Soup | Cooking with SJ