Sweet Potato-Chickpeas Soup
How about serving this steaming bowl to warm up in chilly winter? Most people who are health-conscious love soups And they will continue to look for different ideas of serving health in a bowl. I believe, nothing at all is more comforting than a hot bowl of well simmered soup.
I like it a little more on spicy side (unlike all my dishes, I know) to tickle my taste-buds… Here is one more soup that I tried last week, made using sweet potato, chickpeas & wonderful Homemade Vegetable Stock :) Wanted to keep it simple, healthy and full of flavors… So tried giving it a Moroccan touch! And a soup never goes without sides, so I served it along with SourDough Bread Slices, EVOO & Dukkah to double the flavors…
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Hot red chilly, finely chopped
1/2 cup Chickpeas
2 garlic cloves
1 cup Sweet Potato, diced & boiled
3 cups Vegetable Stock
2 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add chopped onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 mins.
- Pressure-cook chickpeas for 4-5 whistles and reserve water.
- Add sweet potato and chickpeas into the pan along with vegetable stock.
- Keep stirring it occassionally and cook for 15 mins.
- Blend soup using a hand-blender until smooth. Let it simmer for 10 more mins.
- Add seasoning & lemon juice, mix everything well and cook it covered for 3-4 mins.
- Fill your soup bowls and serve hot!
Wait wait… this is not the end, one more soup variety is coming your way soon… ;)