Sweet Potato-Chickpeas Soup
How about serving this steaming bowl to warm up in chilly winter? Most people who are health-conscious love soups And they will continue to look for different ideas of serving health in a bowl. I believe, nothing at all is more comforting than a hot bowl of well simmered soup.
I like it a little more on spicy side (unlike all my dishes, I know) to tickle my taste-buds… Here is one more soup that I tried last week, made using sweet potato, chickpeas & wonderful Homemade Vegetable Stock :) Wanted to keep it simple, healthy and full of flavors… So tried giving it a Moroccan touch! And a soup never goes without sides, so I served it along with SourDough Bread Slices, EVOO & Dukkah to double the flavors…
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Hot red chilly, finely chopped
1/2 cup Chickpeas
2 garlic cloves
1 cup Sweet Potato, diced & boiled
3 cups Vegetable Stock
2 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add chopped onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 mins.
- Pressure-cook chickpeas for 4-5 whistles and reserve water.
- Add sweet potato and chickpeas into the pan along with vegetable stock.
- Keep stirring it occassionally and cook for 15 mins.
- Blend soup using a hand-blender until smooth. Let it simmer for 10 more mins.
- Add seasoning & lemon juice, mix everything well and cook it covered for 3-4 mins.
- Fill your soup bowls and serve hot!
Wait wait… this is not the end, one more soup variety is coming your way soon… ;)
Linking it to the on-going event ‘Soups with SS’ hosted by Shruti J (that’s me) and Sonal :)
Wonderful !! Looks luscious …
Loving this Shruti, im off to Morocco soon and I’d happily eat this over there….
Melissa… I’ll wait for many new suggestions then :)
He he he, promise xx
A very different combo for a soup.. now since it is winter I am into soups.. will make it in a few days… just had chana yesterday.
Lemme know how it turns out for u! Where are you based?
My kind of soup, hearty and comforting..
Color just spot on…very soothing soup
Colorful soup…..sure to try
Wow, lovely! I was looking for a soup using some sweet potatoes almost drying up in the pantry. This is a nice combination with chick peas to create a smooth harmony. Will surely make this!
Pingback: Soups with SS Round Up! | simplyvegetarian777