Indo-Chinese snack is one of my favorite things to make (and eat) :P A good break from everyday munching i.e. no boredom of rolling out pooris, no pressure-cooking, no high-efforts… It’s just a thin-bottomed wok and a spatula! A lovely aroma of crunchy veggies cooked with soy n hot chilly sauce with a dash of vinegar.
And as I said before, all snacks/munchies are welcome which can be wrapped in a case made with puff pastry sheets! All what I did… Gathered my veggies on bench, chopped them finely, tossed with chinese spices & condiments, stuffed inside puff pastry, popped in my oven :P 15 mins and all done!!!
2 Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
1 Small Carrot
1/2 head Cabbage, small
A fistful of Moong Sprouts
2 tsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Red Chilly Sauce
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp Chinese 5-spice Mix
2 tsp Cooking Oil (preferably sesame one)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat oil in a wok and add all veggies along with spices & condiments.
- Toss quickly on high flame and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Turn off the heat, transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down to room temp.
- Cut puff pastry sheets in 4 pieces each (total of 8).
- Put a tablespoonful of mixture in half portion and fold it into half (rectangle or triangle, your choice).
- Seal the sides with fork and bake in pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins until golden brown and flaky.
- Serve hot with ketchup :)
- You can use vegetables of your choice here.
- I avoid using aji-no-moto (MSG) in any of the dishes to keep it healthy.