Homemade Vegetable Stock
I keep a check on my veggie tray in refrigerator every weekend, so that I can use remaining veggies and bring some fresh from market :P And there is absolutely no better way to use them other than simmering a vegetable stock in-house. Well, I actually avoid using store-bought ones as they seem to be high in additives…
Since I developed a perfect method to make this stock with all available veggies I have, I never thought of bringing a tetra-pack from store. It isn’t that difficult. And obviously, it’s healthy, handy and tasty whenever I’m craving for a soupy bowl! Works great for these cold days… :)
3-4 cups of water
Any vegetables you’ve in your freeze!
All what I used–
1 cup Cabbage, chopped
Some peas (optional)
Coriander sprigs, whole
Few Mint leaves
A piece of Ginger
1 tsp Vegetable Stock Mix
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and peel the veggies. Roughly chop them into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pot and saute all the veggies for 3-4 mins until they start getting tender.
- Add water to veggie pot. Bring it to boil and then allow it to simmer (covered) for 20 mins on low heat.
- Allow this stock to cool down a little and then strain it.
- Store it in a container if you’re going to use it later!
a very useful post.. thanks for sharing
Nothing beats homemade stock. I have a few containers in my freezer!