Clear Mushroom Soup
Sometime back, I posted a few pics of my Balinese Cooking Workshop… Now my funda is to share all what I learn! And I promised a few of my friends that I’ll bring out all those dishes on my space… So it’s a start today!!!
Since we stepped into a Balinese kitchen that day, we started off with a soup… Well, there were just 2-3 people (including me) who were vegetarian, so they preferred using vegetable stock for us and chicken stock for rest of all the cooks!!! We sauteed, stir-fried veggies, added spices n condiments, their kitchen helpers added stock in it and left it to simmer for sometime and grabbed our chairs to enjoy this hot soupy bowl :) Lovely one it was and so this came to my mind first when I wanted to try something Balinese…
You must try it out sometime, it’s truly a keeper recipe…
10-12 Button Mushrooms, sliced
1 Small Carrot
1/2 cup Green Beans, diced
4 cloves Garlic
2-3 Shallots, sliced
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 Spring Onion, chopped
1 Hot Red Chilly
3-4 cups Vegetable Stock
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Cooking Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Slice mushrooms, garlic, spring onion and shallots. Cube cut carrot and slice red chilly too.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add garlic, shallots and spring onion to saute until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms, chilly and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Pour vegetable stock and add lemon juice in it. Break bay leaves and add in the same pan.
- Bring it to boil and then add carrot, green beans, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it simmer for about 5-6 mins and serve hot!
- Garnish with fried onions on top!
- You can also use bay leaves instead of kaffir lime leaves here.
Linking it to the on-going event ‘Soups with SS’ hosted by Shruti J (that’s me) and Sonal :)
Shruti, this is my kind of soup bowl. Sounds do delish. Saving the recipe.
Sonal… you must simmer this one! ‘M sure u ll love it ♥
Lime leaves …Where can we buy it ?any ideas .Simple comforting soup for sure
I get here in one of the fresh food markets.. but you can use bay leaves for sure! I tried with that too… :)
Wow Balinese food. I have never tried that but the soup sounds comforting. I wouldn’t mind a light, clear soup for the dinner.
Love clear soup , so going to try this soon.
The soup looks so inviting.. love the bowls too..
Pingback: Soups with SS Round Up! | simplyvegetarian777
I have to try this soon! ;-)