Clear Mushroom Soup
Sometime back, I posted a few pics of my Balinese Cooking Workshop… Now my funda is to share all what I learn! And I promised a few of my friends that I’ll bring out all those dishes on my space… So it’s a start today!!!
Since we stepped into a Balinese kitchen that day, we started off with a soup… Well, there were just 2-3 people (including me) who were vegetarian, so they preferred using vegetable stock for us and chicken stock for rest of all the cooks!!! We sauteed, stir-fried veggies, added spices n condiments, their kitchen helpers added stock in it and left it to simmer for sometime and grabbed our chairs to enjoy this hot soupy bowl :) Lovely one it was and so this came to my mind first when I wanted to try something Balinese…
You must try it out sometime, it’s truly a keeper recipe…
10-12 Button Mushrooms, sliced
1 Small Carrot
1/2 cup Green Beans, diced
4 cloves Garlic
2-3 Shallots, sliced
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 Spring Onion, chopped
1 Hot Red Chilly
3-4 cups Vegetable Stock
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Cooking Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Slice mushrooms, garlic, spring onion and shallots. Cube cut carrot and slice red chilly too.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add garlic, shallots and spring onion to saute until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms, chilly and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Pour vegetable stock and add lemon juice in it. Break bay leaves and add in the same pan.
- Bring it to boil and then add carrot, green beans, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it simmer for about 5-6 mins and serve hot!
- Garnish with fried onions on top!
- You can also use bay leaves instead of kaffir lime leaves here.