Everytime I cook Chhole or anything related to that, I end up having leftover boiled chickpeas in stock! This time when I pressure-cooked it specially to make ‘Chhola Pulao‘ and of course, I was very accurate on my measurements (that’s what I felt) and what happened… I had 2 cups of cooked chickpeas in a container :P
Well, I usually plan to re-use them in salads but this time, I wanted to utilize it some other way! But again, making tikkis or patties will take me to that unhealthy zone :( So decided to go with something that I can bake! Meanwhile, I talked to my mum on call and she was telling me about something that she loved eating during their trip to states… And I immediately got an idea :)
‘Baked Falafel’ are super simple to make and I enjoyed it with Yogurt Dip only, but it goes pretty well with pita bread too. Crunchy chickpeas and lovely aroma of fresh herbs just made my evening super-exciting! My mistake, it was a bit more salty in taste :P But overall, a healthy snack we had!!!
1 cup Chickpeas, cooked
2-3 tbsp Parsley, chopped
2 tsp coriander, chopped
2 tbsp Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mash them all together.Alternatively, you can use food processor to grind them.
- Make lemon sized balls out of it and flatten them a little to give a tikki shape.
- Arrange them in lined baking tray, drizzle some olive oil over them.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 mins on 200 degrees. Turn them once in between.
- Serve hot with Green Chutney or make Falafel Wrap or Pita Burger.
thats a healthy falafel .i m grabbing one right now.
Yummy yummy yummy!!!
gorgeous looking treats!
I made baked falafels for the first time recently ☺️ Very tasty!!
Awesome, Elaine! Share a pic if you’ve clicked one :)
I posted them last week :)
the scrumptious falafels dear
Baked is definitely a much better and healthier option!!! Pass on that plate to me please… :)