Leftovers – I pretty much have a love-hate relationship with it!!! When it comes to be any normal subzi-roti, I can never have them again on the next day… But if it’s something like Chhole, PavBhaji, I simply love them! :P
Wierd, I know! My problem is I never want to feel the way I felt on previous dinner :( Ohhh yes, I never let any food sit up in my refrigerator for more than that! But I always take a chance of making a new dish out of it and serve a delicious fresh-looking meal :)
I made Chhole Masala for dinner last week and found approx 1 cup was left in kadai, after eating until I burped :P Next morning, I made a light breakfast and decided to have something for lunch too :) I kept pretending as I was cooking a fabulous dish from start to end!
Off you go with a recipe of ‘Chhola Pulao’!!! :)
1 cup Leftover Chhola
1 cup Basmati Rice
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp Mint Powder
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cook basmati rice in plenty of water with a pinch of salt until 90% done.
- Drain excess water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds in it.
- Once it starts crackling, add ginger-garlic paste and saute it for a while.
- Add leftover chhola along with cooked rice and spices.
- Toss everything quickly and turn off the heat. Mix lemon juice over it and mix again.
- Serve hot!
- Hubby hated over-powering taste of mint powder, I loved it though! So adjust it according to your taste :)
- You can also add some pan-fried potatoes if you wish to bring a variation!
Linking this entry to Cooking with Seeds (Rice) Event n Priya’s Versatile Recipes:
seriously I can not eat leftovers, that’s why I stop eating lunch, for me only I don’t like to make anything. what ever leftovers mix it with next day diner and have it, due to my age also I can not eat day old food. love the chole pulav idea, next time make it kathi rolls out of it.
No words.scrumptious….never heard this before.being a vegetarian is a healthy rice for me.thanks for sharing………….
d same thing vch i do vth leftovers…of course every one need a fresh feeling na aftr seeing food on table..gud idea.ma
Always love the idea of making something fresh from leftovers.Lovely clicks shruti
ah… look at that pulao!!! i’ve made this a couple of times however folks at home don’t really like it so had to stop… :( thanks for linking it to the event, buddy… :)
Pingback: Baked Falafel | Cooking with SJ