Ouch!!! One more burnt spot on my hand… For a change, this time it’s on left one :P I touched a baking tray by mistake while taking it out with a batch of herbed crackers… or cookies, whatever you call them!
Ohhh yes… Out of 5 clearly visible spots on my hands, 3 are received from my adorable baking tray only :( Before I took up the charge of kitchen, I used to get cranky if I find the smallest spot on my skin… Immediately going to my dermatologist for treatment! That was too much, I know… But reason wasn’t to get it cured, it was to make sure that spot doesn’t last forever :P
I can’t stop laughing when I see myself today! Burnt skin, red spots due to direct steam, scars while cutting/chopping, wounds with crushing process… Aren’t these all common (day-to-day) injuries??!!! Hahaha…
Anyways, I was tired of having store-bought cookies/crackers… Hubby every time brings a pack or two from super-market or Indian store!!! So, thought of baking a small batch of savory crackers… Added my favorite dried herbs & chilly flakes (just for a spicy kick) and here they are…
1 cup Self-Rising Flour
2 tsp Dried Herbs (I used a mix of oregano, thyme, basil)
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Flakes
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp Melted Butter
Lukewarm Water, as required
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl.
- Knead a soft dough using lukewarm water as required.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and keep it aside for 15-20 mins.
- Divide the dough in 3-4 portions.
- Roll them out big with 1/2″ thickness and use your cookie cutter for your favorite shapes.
- Arrange these crakers on a baking tray.
- Bake them on 180 degrees for 15 mins or until crisp.
- Once they are cooled down to room temp, store in an air-tight container :)
- To replace self-rising flour, use 1 cup Plain Flour + 1/2 tsp Baking Powder + 1/8 tsp Baking Soda!!!
- You can also make jeera biscuits the same way.