Event with a giveaway – Only Cooking with Grains
Do you believe in eating healthy food? If yes, then you must be knowing that grains being important sources of fiber, vitamins, minerals… you must include them in your daily diet! Well… true that some grains are healthier than others, but overall each one of them provides many nutrients which are essential for health. Whole grains like barley, buckwheat, corn, quinoa, rye etc. Refined grains get processed in a mill to remove the bran and germ from whole grains… Sad :( as the process also removes some amount of fiber, iron, and vitamins too!!! In any case, we’re using those refined grains which are widely accepted in form of flours also. Let me mention the grains of various categories here for your reference:
Maize, Millet, Sorghum, Barley, Oats, Rice, Rye, Wheat, Buckwheat, Quinoa, Legumes & Pulses like chickpeas, peanuts, soy beans etc, Various oil seeds like mustard, flax seed, poppy seed, sunflower seed etc.
So, pick your grain, cook a dish and link up here!!!
Even though I’m a regular reader of Pari’s Space, I never had been a part of this ‘Only’ series! And so I wanted to grab a chance on the announcement itself… I had been waiting for my turn, and here I’m with you as a host of Pari’s Event of the month – “Only Cooking with Grains” :) Ahan… I’m definitely the one who strongly believe in staying healthy, enjoying deep-fried munchies or junk food at times is considerable though… But on a serious note, I love trying out different grains and different cuisines at the same time.
Do you have a collection of recipes, cooked with grains as a main ingredient? Here is something interesting for you to participate in…
Rules of this event:
- Any number of fresh entries can be sent but only two recipes from archives will be accepted.
- Only vegetarian food cooked using grains would be accepted.
- New and old posts should be linked with my event announcement (this post) and Pari’s giveaway announcement.The entries will not be accepted in case of failing to follow this rule.
- Link your entries using given Inlinkz tools. Those participating in the giveaway (anyone who can provide an address in India) enter under Giveaway participation entries category else link under Non participants of the giveaway. Please enter your entry only once in one of the inlinkz tools.
- Use of logo is compulsory as it helps spread the word.
- In case you have a difficulty in using Inlinkz tool, mail me at email@example.com
- The giveaway is shipped only in India and only to the Followers of Pari’s Blog. You can follow her blog through Google Friend connect or Google plus publicly.
- Round up will be posted within a week after the event completion.
Giveaway for this event is sponsored by Tarla Dalal!!! :)
Giveaway Participants, click here:
Other Participants, click here:
Pingback: Cracked Wheat Biryani | How to make Broken Wheat Biryani | Cracked Wheat Recipes | MJ Delights
nice event… submitted 4 entries… quick question – are rice flour, besan, whole wheat flour accepted?
Yup Sowmya… Link them all :)
Pingback: KOLLU PARUPPU/URULI CHTNEY/THUVAYAL/ horse gram recipes