Homemade Pizza Sauce
Recently I bought a jar of pizza sauce from super market, may be for 2nd time! And made a simple cheese pizza using it… Also, tried it with a plate of pasta! Wait… reason behind trying it out with pasta was: The sauce was a bit tangy for me to apply on pizza base :( So thought it might go well with pasta, after all I was supposed to finish that jar within 3 days after opening it! Tough job it was… I literally had to threw it in a bin later that day!
And hubby told me in clear words that you better make your pizza sauce at home which comes to be the best one! And I was on cloud 9… ;) The next day, I bought a few tomatoes n of course, my onion basket never runs out of garlic. Why to wait then?
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4-5 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Chilly flakes
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and finely chop tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add minced garlic and saute it for a while.
- Add chopped toamtoes along with salt and spices and combine everything well.
- Cook it for nearly 10 mins or until you find tomatoes in almost saucy texture.
- Transfer it to a bowl and cool it down to room temp.
- Store it in sterilized jar and freeze to use later.
- Possibly, store it in 2 different jars in order to use one completely once you thaw.
- I cheat at times and use this one for a bowl of pasta as well ;)