‘Paneer Tikka’ – It has always been my favorite starter in Indian cuisine. How I love those spicy ‘b’ smoky flavors of marinated paneer pieces. I used to make it at least once or twice a month, but have been enjoying the marination as well as grilling process much more than before!
‘Longer you marinate, Richer it will taste’ I firmly believe in this tagline while making any sort of skewers! This time I kept my paneer in marination for more than 24 hours… and result was pretty perfect. It came out to be the best one till date…
Try out this irresistible appetizer – “Paneer Tikka”!
200 gm paneer, cut into pieces
1/2 Green Bellpepper, cubes
1 Tomato, cubes
1/2 Onion, layers separated in cubes
1/2 cup Thick Yogurt
2 tsp Tandoori Masala
1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Crushed Kasoori Methi
1 tsp Rice Flour
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take all the ingredients of marinade in a big bowl and mix well making sure that there are no lumps in it.
- Add paneer pieces into it and coat them well with marinade.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or cling wrap and keep it in refrigerator for at least 10-12 hours.
- Before you plan to grill them on skewers, coat bell pepper and tomato pieces with marinade.
- Arrange them on skewers and keep onions on both the ends.
- Grill them on medium for 5-6 mins or if you’re using oven, bake it for 10-12 mins on 200 degrees.
- Garnish with lemon-soaked onion juliennes n serve hot with mint chutney.
- I used my sizzler plate to serve this lovely looking appetizer.
- You can also sprinkle chat masala over it before serving!
- This can be used to make ‘Tandoori Wrap’ too :)