Raw Papaya Salad
Do you rememebr papaya chutney (kachumber) that you get along with hot ‘n’ fresh fafda in Gujarat? I certainly do… After my recent successful experiment of making fafda in-house, I thought of making that condiment too, but phewwwww… I was late! I got a raw papaya from Asian market last weekend n after coming back home, I found a container of fafda empty :P
That’s always okay! I will get to make some more delicious dishes using it… While surfing through a food-group, I came across a recipe of raw papaya salad, which I found to be very quick n flavorful! May be, very few elements/ingredients made me think twice before trying it out… And more, I never had raw papaya before, so wasn’t sure if we would love it! Somehow I couldn’t resist myself reading that recipe n finally decided to gave it a try…
To add my element, I used bean sprouts too with some tweaks in original recipe shared by a foodie! :) ‘Thai-Style Raw Papaya Salad’ – A healthy n yummy salad bowl which I’m sure to make often…
1 cup Raw Papaya, grated
1 cup Bean Sprouts
1/2 cup Carrot, grated
2 tbsp Peanuts, roasted n roughly ground
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
Coriander Leaves, chopped
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take minced garlic, lemon juice, peanuts, black pepper powder in a small bowl and mix well to make a dressing. Use mortal-pestle if required.
- Mix rest of all ingredients in a big salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over it and toss it well.
- Keep in refrigerator for half hour.
- Serve chilled!
- You can also add tomatoes, spring/red onions, boiled green peas etc. in it!
- A pinch of red chilly paste can be added to give a spicy kick.