I usually find a bottle of ‘Imli ki Chutney’ in my refrigerator. Unfortunately, I emptied that bottle sometime back n realized when I planned to make ‘Ragdewali Panipuri’ :( I didn’t have tamarind in stock n it was tough to manage getting it in-time from the store. So what do you do when you’re troubled this way??!!!
When I was confused about a tangy chutney, without which hubby would not enjoy bhel/chaat/panipuri… My packet of Amchur Powder smiled @ me saying ‘I’m always there for you’ :) I immediately took it and made this instant ‘Amchur Chutney’ as an alternate to tamarind one. And it turned out to be so tangy n tasty :)
2 tbsp Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
3/4 cup Water
1/2 cup Jaggery
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder (optional)
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix amchur powder and water in a microwave safe bowl with no-lumps.
- Add grated jaggery along with spices. Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 mins, which will bring it to boil.
- Cool it down to room temp and store in sterilized jar.
- You can also use black pepper powder instead of red chilly powder here.
- To make it sweeter, add jaggery adjusting to your taste.