Whole Peas Kachori
Every single day, when I am whatsapp-ing with my foodie friends, we discuss about food! We love to know what we all made for breakfast, lunch and dinner… and sometimes, evening snack gets included too :P Some of them enjoy cooking fresh food like I do, a few loves baking at midnight, some loves cooking food in huge batches and freeze for later, some loves experimenting with tastebuds… and I love reading all those chats :)
One of the good things about working from home is… an immense pleasure of taking out sometime from your work and cook something fresh for you to eat! A homemade meal and those freshly cooked ingredients can’t be compared with anything else <3 Well, it’s never the case that I don’t ask hubby to get a takeaway for dinner or making a life-saver noodles in a few mins only. Not that I don’t like eating out on weekends or making KG cook something for me… I totally do all these things. but it’s only when I feel that I’m not going to get an hour to cook something quickly… or I get too tired after a long working day and still waiting to night to pass!!! But, other than those hectic days… especially on weekdays, we prefer to eat homemade snacks and meals. And this is what I did when I was free last week ;)
Dough for outer crust (click on the link to check the method)
1 cup Peas (thawed if frozen & boiled if fresh)
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice or 1 tsp Amchoor Powder
A pinch of Asafoetida
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Oil
Oil, for deep-frying
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds into it.
- Once it stops crackling, add asafoetida and chopped onions.
- Saute it until lightly caramelized and then add ginger-garlic paste and cook it for a while.
- Add Peas along with all the spices and mix well. Drizzle some water over it.
- Cook it covered for a couple of mins and transfer it to another bowl.
- Cool it down to room temp and then divide it into 12-14 portions.
- Roll out a dough ball and put a peas stuffing portion in center
- Cover it from all the edges and seal on top.
- Deep-fry on low heat until golden in color and crispy outside.
- Serve hot with Amchoor ki chutney!!!