Sweet Potato Cakes & Review: ‘Dukkah’
If I get a set of 2 ingredients… Sweet n Savory!!! My obvious choice is… Savory :) I can think of 1000 things to make out of it… but you hand over a sweet one and I’ll be stuck completely! Recently, when I received a wonderful hamper from Table of Plenty, I exactly fell into the same situation. First thing I did was… Picked up a pack of Dukkah (A nut & spice blend)!!!
Although I choose potatoes over any other ingredients, I went ahead using sweet potatoes this time! And later I realized it was definitely a great choice. I tried making these ‘Sweet Potato Cakes’ spiced with Table of Plenty’s Dukkah spice-mix and believe me, it was one of the best patties I ever had! So moist, flavorful and crisp… Ohhh yes, Dukkah itself was so flavorful that I didn’t have to add any other spices at all… You must try this one!!!
3 Sweet Potatoes (bigger ones)
1-2 tbsp Cornflour
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp Dukkah
Salt, to taste
1-2 tsp Lemon juice
Oil, to pan-roast
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into big pieces.
- Pressure-cook (or boil in a pot) for 2-3 whistles.
- Once it cools down a bit, mash them in a bowl.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and saute onions until translucent.
- Add it to the mashed sweet potatoes and add cornflour as you need (make sure you don’t add too much of it else it’ll be a bit dougy).
- Mix in the salt and Dukkah :)
- Divide the mix in 12-14 equal portions and make patties out of each.
- Heat a few drizzles of oil in a pan and place all the patties in it.
- Let them get roasted on medium flame and cook them equally on the other side too.
- Serve them hot with a few lemon juice drizzles on top!
- You can add more vegetables in case if you want it to be more crunchies inside.
- Also, deep-frying is always an option but I prefer to pan-roast or shallow-fry till I can :)
Brand: Table of Plenty
Product Name: Dukkah (Spicy: Nut & Spice Blend)
Star Ratings: 4.5 out of 5
Details: I would have preferred it to be a bit more spicy. But never mind, it was super-packed with flavors. Can’t wait to make more dishes using it :)