Instant Carrot Pickle
Do we have a similar taste??? I find everything better with pickles! May it be sweet or spicy or tangy… I can adjust my dish based on the pickle selected… ;) But in particular, I’m in love with spicy-tangy pickles that uses highly delicious pickle masala :) Even if I don’t get a ready pickle, I can go ahead eating my flatbreads with this pickle masala itself. I never tried making one by myself ever, but have seen mum doing it, since childhood! She would do every single thing involved in a long process of making a pickle, at home only all by herself. And it’s me who never took a benefit of beautiful summer sun in the backyard :(
This year, I’m determined to try out some pickles as well as sundried stuff i.e. tomatoes, sabudana sev, lentils dumplings etc. As I said in last post, I’m not getting good quality raw mangoes yet… so I’m working on all different elements these days. And today, I have got a bag of carrots with me… :) A quick carrot pickle to keep you picklish until we find raw mangoes!!!
1/4 cup Mustard Oil
1/4 cup Pickle Masala
5-6 Carrots, peeled n diced
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat mustard oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add mustards into it.
- Once it stops spluttering, add carrots, pickle masala and salt in it.
- Mix everything well and let it get cooked for a couple of mins until they’re a bit tender.
- Once it cools down a bit, bottle up a sterilized jar.
- You can store it in refrigerator upto a month.
- You can eliminate adding mustard seeds and hing into it. I love the nutty flavor that hing brings :)
- More veggies can be used too i.e. peas, cauliflower florets, ivy gourd etc.
- Regular canola or vegetable oil can also be used instead of mustard oil :)