Mix Vegetable Pakora
Find me one person who doesn’t like pakoras??!!! ;) Well, I’m definitely a big-time pakora (or any deep-fried munchies) lover. Making salads, gravies/curries, stir-fries every now n then leaves me with some tidbits of veggies… Recently we thought of doing a cleanup of fridge before buying a new stock!!! And it was terrible… I found a small piece of cabbage, a few green beans, 1 carrot n 1/4 zucchini, a couple of broccoli florets n many more things! Now I had 2 options only… One to make that delicious Veg. Jaipuri and the other was to make some healthy (yet unhealthy) snacking thing ;)
Evening snacks are always welcome… A cup of ginger tea and these pakoras!!! <3 Who says you can enjoy pakoras only while its raining… hahaha!!! And yes… I loved it more as KG said it’s crisp and very tasty, more like how he likes at any Indian restaurants <3 What else is needed!!!
1 cup Mixed Veggies, grated or finely chopped (potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, peas, carrot, zucchini etc.)
1 cup Besan
2 tbsp Rice Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (or paste)
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt, to taste
Oil, to deep-fry
Chat Masala, to sprinkle
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take all the ingredients (except veggies) in a big bowl and mix well.
- Add all the vegetables into it.
- Gradually add water as needed and adjust the dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in kadai and keep the flame low.
- Spoon out and drop 6-7 pakoras in hot oil carefully and let it get golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle chat masala on top.
- Serve with Green Chutney or Ketchup :)
- Rice flour makes these pakoras crispy. Instead you can use cornflour too.
- Adjust the amount of spice according to your taste. You can also replace green chilly with red chilly powder.