Braised Green Beans
How I love experimenting with salad ingredients!!! Ever since I moved her, I have been in routine of preparing variety of salad dishes to go along with our daily meals… It’s true that I can’t survive for more than a week without any sort of Indian food. I absolutely love cooking Indian meals but I also have a well-developed palate to try out diff cuisines and dishes :) And a healthy salad bowl is definitely one of those that I never grew up eating ;)
As a kid, I never used to like green beans… not in curry or anything else! Cooking these green beauties Indian style ruins the taste, texture and crunchiness so I preferred keeping it simple with a few very handy ingredients… And the outcome was lip-smacking!!! Try this out…
12-15 Green Beans
1/4 cup Diced Tomatoes
1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
Herbs of your choice (I used dried oregano)
A pinch of Chilly Flakes
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Olive Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and trim the ends of green beans.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic into it.
- Saute for a while and add green beans and let it get roasted for about 30-40 seconds.
- Add diced tomatoes along with the spices and 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Mix everything well and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 2-3 mins and take out those beans and arrange on serving plate.
- Reduce the sauce to thick pasty consistency and pour over the beans.
- Serve hot!!!
- If you cut the beans into pieces, you can serve it along with phulka roti too.
- For a jain version, you can skip using garlic here.