Crunchy Ribbons with Flavored Hummus
Weekends are usually “How-I-wish-I-had-time” for me :( But this sunday was quite relaxing one after a very long time… On such days, I prefer cooking just-in-no-time but absolutely flavorful!!!
It’s usually our day to call home n talk to family… I soaked some chickpeas in super-hot water while preparing tea only… And before a call starts, I pressure-cooked some chickpeas too! As soon as we were done with the call, I got up from the couch and cut the khobz bread into ribbons… Processed n it went into my oven.
Took out my bullet mixture with a little jar and did some blending work too :P Ground some flavored hummus and what flavors? Lemon & Coriander… Anything with this flavor combination and my hubby is one super-happy person!!! So here is the outcome… Easy, quick and guilt-free evening snack :)
1 cup Chickpeas (canned or pressure-cooked)
3/4 cup Coriander, chopped
2 tsp Tahini
1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
3-4 tbsp EVOO
Salt, to taste
1-2 tsp Chilli Infused Oil
3-4 Pita breads or 1-2 Khobz
Salt & Pepper (or herbs)
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cut the khobz/pita bread into ribbons using a pizza cutter.
- Arrange those on a lined baking tray and drizzle some olive oil over it. (I used oil spray here)
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and toss it quickly.
- Bake on 200 degrees for around 15-16 mins or until crispy.
- Take all the ingredients in a jar.
- Grind it to make it smooth dip/spread.
- Drizzle some chilli infused oil over it before serving with ribbons :)