Khobz Veggie Wrap
Days when I need something different to eat… Not exactly out-of-the-box but something equally healthy and filling! And veggie wraps is always my choice… Now I must ask you if you’ve heard the word ‘Khobz’ before? It was new to me… Got a store-bought pack of Middle eastern flatbread ‘Khobz’ and found it quite similar to pita except in size and thickness :P Loved the versatility of it… I can use it for rollups, wraps or even for a fusion quesadillas! Quite an interesting thing to explore…
After finishing all my cake orders on weekend, I thought of making something quick with it! Grilled zucchini, sliced some tomatoes, took out some salad greens, whipped Tzatziki in a min and made some spicy chickpeas to add protein into it… It came out so well!!! Later I realized that I did that on the wrong time… I was supposed to have it in lunch of afternoon-tea but then I made it at 5 pm… I couldn’t think of making dinner until 9 that day! But yeah… the wrap was absolutely delicious! One wrap was more than enough for two of us… yet I made 2 and end result you know, OVER-EATING ;)
2 Khobz Flatbread
1 cup Chickpeas, pressure-cooked
1/4 cup Tzatziki
A fistful of Salad Greens
1 Tomato, sliced
1/2 Zucchini, sliced and grilled
Oil, Cumin Seeds, Red Chilly Powder, Coriander-Cumin Powder, Garam Masala, Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Once it crackles, add chickpeas and all spices.
- Add lemon juice and mix everything well. Keep it aside.
- Lightly grill/roast khobz in a pan and keep some salad greens on it.
- Put generous amount of spicy chickpeas. Arrange tomato and zucchini slices and 2 tbsp of Tzatziki on top.
- Fold it like you do with burritos and serve warm!
Check out recipe of Tzatziki here: https://cookingwithsj.com/2013/04/25/tzatziki-dip/