I’m free for the day but don’t want to draft a story behind this quick post of ‘Kitchen Basics’!!! :) So here you go with my random blabbering, based on last few days…
2 things I enjoyed:
– ED meetup :D
– Moomba fest
2 things I hated:
– Chaos in the kitchen last saturday…
– Technical faults in oven :(
2 things I luved eatin:
– Khatte Aloo by Roohi
– Nidhi’s Brownies ;)
2 things I purchased:
– A big batch of cake boxes
– Cupcakes sprinkles and lustre dusts
2 things I lost:
– The tiniest measurement spoon (1/4 tsp)
– Flower plunger (got it broken actually)
2 things I missed:
– Taking pics of cute kids at ED meetup
– Seeing my nephew on video call
Won’t bug you anymore :P So straight to the post details! Do you love beetroots? I love it in salads, croquettes, parathas, tikkis n even parboiled with a sprinkle of salt or chat masala :) But ever since I tried this roasting them, I haven’t eaten raw. I always roast my beetroot before using it in anything… Here is a quick technique!!!
Canola/Olive oil spray
A pinch of Salt
2 pieces of Aluminium Foil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and peel beetroots and spray them well.
- Alternatively, you can peel them once you’re done roasting but then, I hate those dust particles on it so I do it this way.
- Sprinkle some salt flakes and cover them separately with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for half hour (or until a bit tender) on 200 degrees.
- Slice, chop, grate… and use it in your dishes!!! :)
Pingback: Roasted Beetroot Paratha | Cooking with SJ