Summer is gone. Ummm… let’s say it’s almost almost gone!!! I need to pack all those shorts in a bag and put it in some corner ;) But at the same time, time to take out all those cozy jackets, pullovers, scarfs, sweaters… I’m in love with this season too!!! Or I have to say that, respecting 8 months long winter ;) Saying good-bye to summer is tough and more than that, saying good-bye to salads is impossible for me!
Summer is all about salads and winter is… soups??!! Who said salads are meant to be tossed for summer only? ;) How about having both of them together? I’m always ready for a bowl of warm salad… Seasonal veggies, some pasta, some lip-smacking dressing… And I’m in!!! But if you ask for a particular recipe… I would say, there is no recipe for it. You can use all the ingredients that you like. Quite like I did in this one…
1 cup Big Spiral Pasta
1/2 head Broccoli Florets
1 Carrot, diced/sliced
1 Potato, diced
6-7 Green Beans, cut into halves
2 Garlic Cloves, cut into flakes
Salt, to taste
3 tsp Olive Oil
Fresh Herbs, optional (I love adding basil in everything)
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Place all the veggies on a lined baking tray in a single layer (make sure they don’t overlap much).
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt and herbs over it. Quickly toss and bake on 200 degrees for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as per instructions on the packet. Drain, rinse with fresh cold water and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic flakes into it.
- Once it gets lightly browned, add pasta and toss it.
- Transfer it to a big salad bowl. Add all the veggies and mix well.
- Ohhh wait… I drizzled a mix of peri-peri sauce and lemon juice for bit tangy flavor ;) You choose your dressing!!!
- Serve warm!!!