I’m not going to do any blah-blah today!!! Will leave you all to enjoy this super-yummy Punjabi Samosa, my way ;) And yes, if you’re a way too diet-conscious, you can check out the baked version here… I can’t eat that baked one when I see a plate full of these munchies ;)
2 Boiled Potatoes
2 tbsp Boiled Green Peas
1/2 Onion, chopped
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped
1-2 tbsp Chopped Coriander
1 tsp Coriander seeds, freshly crushed
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
Salt, to taste
Oil, to deep-fry
1 cup Plain Flour
1/4 tsp Ajwain
1 tbsp Ghee
Salt, to taste
Lukewarm Water, as required
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take mashed potatoes, green peas in a bowl and mix them well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds into it.
- Once it crackles, add chopped onion and green chilly into it. Saute it for a while and add potato-peas mixture along with all the spices.
- Combine everything well and cook for a min.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle chopped coriander and mix gently. Let it cool down to room temp.
- Take plain flour, salt, cumin seeds, ajwain and ghee in another bowl. Mix them to form crumbled texture.
- Knead a medium-hard dough by adding lukewarm water as required.
- Cover with a lid or cling wrap and keep it aside for half hour.
- Divide the dough in 7 and stuffing in 14 equal portions.
- Roll out 5-6″ disk with paratha thickness and cut it into halves.
- Take a half part, fold it to make a cone shape and seal the vertical edge.
- Fill the stuffing in it and seal the top edge. Repeat the same process for rest of all pieces.
- Heat oil in kadai and slide 2 samosas carefully at a time and deep-fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with Green Chutney!
You can use glue paste i.e. mix of 1 tsp plain flour & a few drops water, to seal the edges.
Samosa yum yum.. It’s raining here and I m craving for some samosa now
I can eat samosa all day long and I cannot abide by the baked stuff either. :-)
Awesome Samosa! ha that’s a mouthful! Pun intended! :)
The samosas look yummy. Yours look perfect. I can never get the shape right
Mina… I always feel mine isnt perfect too! Have got a crust recipe from one of my aunts yesterday.. let me try it this week n if it works, I’ll let you know :)
I love samosas. this brings water in my mouth.
It sounds tasty and looks just yummy. I wish to make it someday.
Mouth watery samosas…Just loved it…Yummy