Black Bean Kebabs
Do you like burgers? Or veggie pita? Or some filling vegetable wraps? Or looking for some appetizers/snacks? Here I have got all-in-one solution for you all… I wanted to try these kebabs since long and finally, got a chance :) The day I baked some pav in house, I quickly planned to make these protein-packed tikkis. Well, I find black beans lacking in taste if it’s not spiced properly… And so I used ‘Maharastrian Goda Masala’ for strong flavor.
The best possibble way to use black beans, if not in Mexican!!! Try this out and I’m sure you’ll love it… :)
1 cup Black beans, soaked & pressure-cooked
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1 tsp Goda Masala
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Flakes
1-2 tbsp Cornflour
Salt, to taste
Oil, to shallow-fry
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add pressure-cooked black beans along with all the spices.
- Mix everything well and once they sound soft, mash them well.
- Transfer the mixture to a big bowl and let it cool down to room temp.
- Add cornflour just to get the binding consistency and mix everything well.
- Divide the mix in 8-10 equal balls and flatten them to make tikkis in shape.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and arrange all these kebabs.
- Cook them to medium-heat until it gets crisp & brown on both sides.
- Serve them hot with minty yogurt!
- Minty Yogurt: 1 tsp fresh mint paste to 3/4 cup thick yogurt, with a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp cumin powder.
- You can alternatively use these kebabs as a burger patties too :)