Nutty Date Balls
I wanted to make a quick sweet goodies for a long time and dates were on my mind! Yesterday when I took a pack of dates out from drawer, I felt like making some fudge or cake out of it… But then again, I didn’t want to cook or bake at all. I recalled a phone-talk with my sister-in-law (TJ) and she told me that my nephew is fond of chocolates at the age of 1.5 only :P Well, who doesn’t like chocolates? But they can’t give him one as he’s just a toddler…
I immediately planned to make something that’s quick (under 5-7 mins) and super-healthy. I tasted and loved it… So messaged her immediately saying that she can try this one with Aadi! But at my end, it was an experiment so I wasn’t sure if hubby would like it or not… I made a mistake of making just a few! As in the evening, we gobbled up nearly half of them. I’m making it soon again :) Why don’t you give it a try??!!!
14-15 Dates, deseeded
1/2 cup Dessicated Coconut + 2 tbsp
2-3 tbsp Crushed Peanuts
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Grind dates, cashew nuts, almonds together to make a not-so-coarse mixture.
- Add in peanuts and coconut. Mix everything well.
- Make balls out of it and coat them lightly with dessicated coconut.
- Serve immediately or store in air-tight container :)
- You can also add walnuts or any other nuts of your choice.
- Cocoa powder can be added for a chocolaty touch!