Creamy Spinach Soup
It’s a full-fledged winter now and my list of “Feel-Good” food is ready. Already have collected so many recipes with ‘Soups with SS’ (It’s still going on, in case if you missed to send your entries) and more, I have been trying in my own kitchen!!! It’s a perfect time to bring all the seasonal vegetables to your kitchen and whip up some great heart-warming dishes. Of course, less outdoor activities and more TV watching time will make you worry about piling up a few extra kilos too. But there’s only one way through which we can cut off the calories and still enjoy some satisfying meals in these chilly winter days? Get your soupy bowls out (just like I do once in every 2-3 days) and warm up yourself faster!
A soup that I wanted to try since long but never took a risk… as hubby doesn’t much like creamy ones! Still couldn’t resist this time and gave it a shot… We both loved it like anything and it was really soothing one!!! :)
2 cups Spinach, chopped
1/2 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 tbsp Besan
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
2 cups Hot Water
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Full Cream
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add minced garlic and sauté it for a while.
- Add chopped onions and cook for 3-4 mins or until onions are soft.
- Add the chopped spinach, besan and all the spices along with water.
- Stir everything well and bring it to a boil.
- Use a hand-blender and blend it till smooth in texture.
- Simmer this soup for 4-5 mins more and turn off the heat.
- Add cream in to it and mix well.
- Piping hot soup is ready to serve!