I have an endless list if I talk about my comfort food!!! And why this came across my mind all of a sudden? Well, a few days back I was watching some food-show of Gordon and he made all his comfort dishes! And I too thought of doing same the following day :)
You know what… I love long-journeys just ‘coz I get to eat all pre-packed food on the way or fresh one at some small dhabas on highways! Most of the time, I had ‘Poori-Bhaaji’ only… 1st reason, it’s easy to make n pack due to its shelf-life! Another is, Dhabas make this plate a very special way!!! Their flavors, texture and aroma… Everything comes to be so mouth-watering :P Then why not to replicate the same dish @ home?
Here you go with probably the simplest combo meal ever – “Poori-Bhaaji” :)
1/2 Tomato, chopped
1″ piece of ginger
Coriander Leaves, chopped
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder (or 1 green chilly, chopped)
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Amchoor Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pressure-cooker and add cumin seeds, hing and mustard seeds.
- Once they crackle, add minced ginger and chopped tomatoes and cook for a while.
- Add potatoes along with all the spices.
- Mix everything well and pressure-cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Let it cool down and mash a few potato cubes to make a mushy texture.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Masala Poori!!!
- You can also use tamarind paste to make it more tangy in flavor.
- This can be served as a brunch as well :)
I like it!!! I don’t have a pressure cooker so can I just cook it in a covered saucepan?