Veg Grilled Sandwich
Find me a single person who doesn’t like sandwiches!!! Possible? Naah…. I’m sure never ever :) I love these on-the-go bites… Works great at lunch time, in tiffin boxes, evening snack… Works even on a dinner plate to me ;)
Missing those roadside food-stalls where you get to read 10-12 varities of grilled sandwiches in menu :P And of course, how I can miss to mention that a very well known sandwich-joint of Ahmedabad – “Freezeland” was in the same building where I was working for 3 long years :P I still remember those yummy AFL, BFL, Cheese-Chutney, Cheese-Corn, Club, Chilly-Cheese etc. sandwiches… Ewww, I had to make simple ‘Veg Grilled Sandwich’ when I recall those lunch breaks :P And more, ‘coz I met my besty – Shalvi over there only!!! :)
4 Bread Slices
2 tbsp Green Chutney
8 Slices Tomato
8 Slices Cucumber
8 Slices Boiled Potato
Butter, as required
Chat Masala, to sprinkle
Tomato Ketchup, to serve
Grated Cheese (optional)
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cut the sides of bread and place them on flat surface.
- Apply butter generously on 2 of those slices. Cover the other 2 with green chutney.
- Arrange potato slices on bread with chutney, then cucumber ones over it and on top, tomato slices.
- Sprinkle chat masala according to your taste.
- Cover with buttered bread slices and grill them in sandwich toaster.
- Serve with tomato ketchup!!!
Add grated cheese before sprinkling chat masala, if you’re planning to serve it to your kids!