How much I love making parathas!!! And when it’s about any sort of stuffed paratha, that serves a complete meal itself :) Till now, I was scared of trying anything using sweet corn, as hubby doesn’t like it much. And still I took a risk of trying this classic combo – “Spinach n Corn’ in making paratha! Believe me, it tasted so yummy…
Of course, kids hardly like eating green leafy vegetables… And this is possibly a way to make them like it! Corn lends amazing sweetness and spinach with lots of fiber :) But for little fuzzy eaters, addition of potato works great ;) Isn’t it a great idea to try out in your kitchen?
1/2 Bunch Spinach, chopped
1/2 cup Boiled Corn
1 Boiled Potato
1 Green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
Salt, to taste
Cooking Oil, as required
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Knead a soft dough by mixing all specified ingredients and cover with a cling wrap. Keep it aside for half hour.
- Grind boiled corn to make a coarse paste.
- Take chopped spinach, mashed potato and corn paste in a bowl and add spices.
- Mix everything together and divide the stuffing in 6-7 balls. Divide the dough in 6-7 balls too.
- Roll out one dough balls and put a stuffing ball in center. Cover from all sides like kachori and roll it out again to make 7″ paratha.
- Heat flat griddle and place this paratha on it.
- Drizzle a few drops of oil on both the sides and cook until light brown spots appear on surface.
- Serve hot with a bowl of yogurt!
You can add chopped fenugreek leaves for more herby flavor!