Coriander Fried Rice
A versatile grain – RICE!!! You can enjoy n no. of varieties if you love experimenting with this grain :) After trying out rice dish with many ingredients i.e. potatoes, paneer, mushroom, lentils, beans etc., I thought for a while and planned to make coriander rice, being totally unsure whether that will work or not :P Wanted to give that coriander-mint chutney flavor to this rice and so I kept a jar of this green chutney handy along with fresh coriander and mint leaves!!!
Add super-fragrant herbs and also, a few of your favorite veggies to improve nutritional values :) Ahem… this was really a wonderful outcome! And I thought after gobbling my plate up, why didn’t I think of making it before… :P
1 cup Basmati Rice
2 tsp Green Chutney
2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
5-6 Mint Leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
2-3 tbsp Chopped Veggies (optional)
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tbsp Kasoori Methi
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Soak rice in water for an hour and cook it until 95% done. Drain excess water, rinse with cold water and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- Once it crackles, add ginger-garlic paste and saute it for a while.
- Add cooked rice along with fresh herbs, chutney and all the spices.
- Mix everything well and cook it covered for next 3-4 mins.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with a bowl of curd :)
You can add chopped green chillies to give a spicy kick!!!