I never mentioned before that I absolutely love potluck parties! A table full of novelties… from many cooks, many regions, many ingredients!!! Isn’t it great to have all at once?
During primary studies, we used to do the same in pre-fixed lunch breaks! Everyone, as a team used to decide who’ll bring what and a fantastic feast was the outcome :) I definitely missed that during high schooling…. Later, it restarted at my 2nd workplace, where I had 3 wonderful ladies to join in… And then again a long break… When I moved here, I knew I have a set of friends, mostly from school-time! Many a times we planned to do potluck but that never worked out… Somehow I kept missing it always!
I have one of my chuddy-buddy (well, not exactly as she’s my high-school bestie) and during one long weekend, we planned a potluck! Huh… we were just two couples n a cute little monster, yet we divided our work in kitchen and planned an evening :) She was to bring appetizer along with a rice variety and I was to make main and kiddo food :P Believe me, that was the best time we spent together. And her pulao…. Yummm! The taste still lingers in my mouth :P Thank you so much D2 for allowing me to post your recipe on this cooking space!!! <3
1 cup Basmati Rice
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 Onion, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
1 tbsp Corn
1/4 tcup Carrots-Capsicum, chopped
1-2-4 Whole Garam Masala (BayLeaf, Cloves, Black Pepper)
1/2 tsp Clove Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp Oil
Salt, to taste
Coriander Leaves, to garnish
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and soak basmati rice in plenty of water for an hour.
- Cook it to 90% in salted water and drain excess water. Keep it aside.
- Boil carrots and corn for 5 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and add whole garam masala. Let it release the flavors in a few seconds.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped onions. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add corn, capsicum and carrots in it and mix well. Also, mix in tomatoes along with all the spices.
- Cook it for around a min and add cooked rice. Give it a quick mix and cook for next 4-5 mins uncovered.
- Turn off the heat and pour lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves just before serving!