Are you tired of eating the same ‘Egg on Toast’ breakfast every weekend? Well… that happened to me! I wanted some change this time… And pre-decided to have bruschetta :) Again, didn’t want to go outside in the morning time… so baked my own bruschetta loaf at home only on previous day.
Once that was done, I wondered if I can make ricotta too and serve a flavorful herby spread along with it! And yes… I made that too :) Okay, one thing I must say… It was nearly 40 degrees that day, so we eliminated tea/coffee in morning. Rather we chose a glass of chilled ‘Mocha’. Now this has been my favorite breakfast iff I get a loaf handy :P Look at those tiny tomato cubes… How vibrant bright red they look!!! Well, we love tomatoes, so I used a lot of it… You adjust according to your likings!!! Why don’t you plan it once?
6 slices Bruschetta Loaf (French or Ciabatta)
3/4 cup Diced Tomatoes
1/2 cup Ricotta Spread
2 tsp Olive Oil
Fresh Parsley, chopped
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, a pinch
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Butter slices generously and then apply ricotta spread on top. Arrange them on a lined baking tray.
- Toss diced tomatoes with olive oil, parsley and salt-pepper quickly.
- Put a tablespoon full of this mixture on each slice.
- Bake for around 8-10 mins on 180 degrees.
- Serve hot with chilled ricotta spread.
- You can also use coriander to give an Indianized touch!
- Recipe for homemade Ricotta Spread: https://cookingwithsj.com/2014/01/29/homemade-ricotta-spread
an all time favorite :)
I like it…but in breakfast na baba na…I will prefer this with a glass of red wine and some spicy pasta on sisde:)
Lovely bites :) presentation is as great as before :)
very cute and yummy….awesome..