Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Macaroni – When I hear this word, the only other word that comes to my mind is “Cheese” :P ‘Macaroni & Cheese’ or ‘Cheese Macaroni’ or ‘Mac n Cheese’, call it anything you want… That’s one of the best classic combo I have ever known!!!
Wait… I still remember that saucy, a way too sweet and full of pineapple one which I often had back in India! Of course, I didn’t much like that ever… And I’m not a big fan of it now as well :P But if it’s a bit thick white sauce, moderate amount of cheese, no pineapple at all and that too quite lightly grilled for a nice light brown touch… works great for me, specially on my sizzler plates! From a sizzling party to laid-back summer dinners, this dish will make you boil, cook, bake/grill… all in just 30 mins :P
Here is a recipe of my ‘Mac & Cheese’…
2 cups Macaroni
Water, as required
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 cups Milk
1 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Plain Flour
1 cup Cheese, shredded
3 tbsp Sugar (adjust to your taste)
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
Shredded Cheese, to sprinkle on top
A pinch of chilly flakes
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cook macaroni in boiling water with salt and oil in it, for around 7-8 mins or until 90% cooked.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a non-stick pan on low heat.
- Add plain flour and saute it for a while.
- Before it starts changing color, add milk, salt, black pepper powder and sugar in it and keep stirring continuously to make a lump-free mixture.
- Once it comes to boil, add shredded cheese in it and mix well until it forms a thick saucy texture.
- Mix macaroni in it and transfer it to an baking bowl.
- Sprinkle cheese and dried herbs on top and bake it for 10-15 mins on 180 degrees (take it out once it starts getting light brown on top)
- Serve hot!
- I sometimes grill too for getting a nice dark brown spots on top!!!
this looks delicious!you make me hungry!
Thanks so much for plating this classic. Let me share a funny fact about me…I don’t know how to make Mac n cheese from scratch :(. Now I have your recipe in hand, will surely make it. Have always made store bought.
I love mac n cheese… simple and easy!!! :)
One of my favourite comfort foods x
It is the world ultimate comfort food. I noticed the use of chilly flakes. NIce recipes.
Delicious ; scrumptious :P Mac one of my weaknesses :P Please keep my share :(
Actually all is mine :P well i can give you a spoon only, rest is mine :D
Pingback: Italian Sizzler with Potato Polpettes | Cooking with SJ