Did you just say ‘Gobhi Paratha’??!!! Ufff… this term confuses me at the most :( Whenever I come across any pic or recipe named ‘Gobhi ke Parathe’, I get myself straight to read the ingredients whether it’s Patta Gobhi or Phool Gobhi!!! Ohhh yes… it’s mostly used for the one made with cauliflower aka phool gobhi stuffing only, yet my confusion isn’t pointless, naa?
I miss my college days when various stuffed paratha used to be my favorite tiffin-box! Mum loved making them for me to gulp down some of the veggies n beans (which I never liked eating) indirectly in form of these parathas :P Even a bunch of friends appreciated ‘Cabbage Paratha’ always. Situations change, people change, life even has changed completely, but these ‘Cabbage Paratha’ are still my favorite ones :) I’m not really sure if mum uses all these ingredients only while making them… If not, I’m sure to have a wonderful variation of her version!!!
There was a time when I missed those buddies very much, but everyone is busy involved in their social/personal/professional lives, which hardly gives a room for catching up often! But have learnt to tackle those changes… These days, I hardly find myself transported into those days. May be, work keeps me busy all time… And more, ‘coz I’m having a bunch of school/college buddies around :) The bestest one is in-house only :P
Try out this ‘Cabbage Paratha‘ to go with a cuppa tea as a snack or even with a dollop of pickle n yogurt as a meal :)
1 cup Shredded Cabbage
2 cups wheat Flour
2 tbsp Yogurt
1/2 tsp Ajwain
1 tbsp Kasoori Methi
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tbsp Oil + more for pan-roasting
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
- Knead a medium-hard dough by adding lukewarm water as required.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Divide the dough in 10-12 equal portions.
- Roll them out to make a thick paratha size.
- Pan-roast them one after another with few drizzles of oil each side. Let them get brown spots n crisp texture.
- Serve hot!!!
- You can eliminate using yogurt here. I just used to get a software from inside.
- Also, finely chopped green chillies can be added while kneading dough, according to your taste.