Few days back, I posted something with strong vibes of summer! And it’s all gone… Cold, Rainy, Windy weather since then :( I just wanted to be cozy in my bed with a blanket on n a book to read! But my bad luck, did not have milk or bread for breakfast, so had to go super-market n get them before weekend starts. My pair of jeans, magenta tee n grey jacket over it! Keeping a positive mindset of having a walk outside, I wore my slip-on shoes n went out!
It was pretty windy outside, but a sight of pink/purple/green tiny flowers made me happy! Put on my hands-free, started a playlist of my favorite oldie-goldie songs n kept walking. Got the required stuff from super-market n walked back to home! All what I observed on my way back… Colors of flowers, butterflies around, heavy traffic at lunch time, grey clouds covering the sky, my hair-strand enjoying wind, droplets of water on leaves, trees saying ‘just-took-shower’…. Wow! I really felt like going everyday out in this weather :)
Admiring the beauty of chilly weather, I thought of making a soup bowl this evening! Wanted to have a light meal, so thought of roasting some potatoes with herbs n pan-grilling beans along with some bread sticks. A soupy affair, I must say!!! Very much comforting, no strong flavors… Sipping on a hot bowl of ‘Tomato Soup’ gives a heavenly feeling on a lovely evening :)
2 Red Tomatoes
1 Carrot, small
1 Garlic Clove
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Sugar
3-4 Black Peppercorns
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
3 cups Water
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Boil tomatoes and carrot pieces in water with a little salt for 6-7 mins.
- Take them out and reserve water for using it later.
- Peel the tomato skin and let them cool down to room temp.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp olive oil in a deep non-stick vessel.
- Add roughly chopped onion and minced garlic in it and saute for 1-2 mins.
- Take tomatoes, carrot in a mixture jar and grind them along with onion-garlic to make a smooth paste.
- Heat olive oil in the same vessel again.
- Add prepared paste with reserved water and all other spices (including saboot garam masala).
- Let it come to boil on high heat and then simmer it for around 20-25 mins.
- Serve this rich tomato soup when it’s warm!!!
- I served it with homemade bread-sticks! You can use cheese straws or tiny croutons too!
- Add a tbsp of cream to make it richer!!! Hubby doesn’t like creamy soups… so I avoided :)
Linking it to the on-going event ‘Soups with SS’ hosted by Shruti J (that’s me) and Sonal :)
Healthy soup.Love this texture……….
healthy and yummy soup Shruti..
What a lovely soup, SJ. :)
Pingback: Soups with SS Round Up! | simplyvegetarian777