‘Kankaria Omlette’, ‘RK Omlette’, ‘RK Egg Eatery’… I miss my foodie-trips to all those egg stalls with my cousin, SD! She left eating eggs n I left India :P
I used to go for overnight stays at mama’s place every now n then! Most of the times I visit them during winter, we plan to go for a quick dinner after actual dinner… ;) Usually if you order an omlette, you’ll get to see a small square plate with 3 sections. The biggest one will have your bread buns with an omlette in between, cut into 4 pieces! The smaller one will have chopped onions with loads of masala on it! The smallest one will have a extra-hot green chilly chutney! Along with omlette, we used to order what they call ‘Anda Bhurji’ – Scrambled eggs with loads of onion, garlic, green chillies n spice-mix…
I can no more have that extremely spicy food, so I tried altering it with my elements! I added mushrooms n eliminated a few things to make it simpler for a quick/bachelor cooking. In fact, whenever I’m hungry during day time n I don’t find anything to grab n eat, I make this often with 2 slices of bread :)
Enjoy this simple yet flavorful ‘Egg-Mushrooms Bhurji’!!!
2 tbsp Onions, chopped
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
1/8 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt, to taste
4 Bread Slices, to serve
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Finely chop mushrooms in a bowl and add chopped onions in it along with all spices.
- Break eggs in the same bowl and whisk everything for a while.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and the mixture.
- Keep stirring it continuously to form crumbles.
- Cook it for approx 1-2 mins or until it starts changing color.
- Serve hot with toasted bread slices!
- You can also use this bhurji as a stuffing to make a quick wrap. It serves the best as a tiffin snack :)
- Optionally, chopped tomatoes, capsicum, green chillies can be used for a different taste!
lovely clicks shruti